Study in USA consultants in Hyderabad
IVY Overseas is the Best Study in USA consultants in Hyderabad. The United States is the most diverse economy in the world. While the United States accounts for only about 4 percent of the world’s population, its GDP is 26 percent of the world’s total economic output.
Quick Facts about USA
* The land of infinite opportunities and possibilities
* Technological & engineering research and adoption at its best
* Living standards & Lifestyle that every student dreams about
* Universities with ground-breaking research, making global impact
* Internships and assistantships for students with merit and caliber
* Thriving economy to absorb as many students graduating
* Research centers and intellectually stimulating environments
* CPT & OPT options for students to gain experience in global context
* 43% of the population is fully vaccinated as on 14th June 2021
* Univ's accepting applications with Duolingo score & without GRE*
Education system in USA
There are generally five grades – represented by letters students can receive in their college courses, and each of the letter awards the student different points per credit hour that are then part of the calculation for a students GPA (grade point average)
1. is the highest grade (4 points).
2. means the student did above average in the course (3 points).
3. is the average passing grade (2 points).
4. is the minimum passing grade (1 point).
5. means the student failed the course (no credit, zero points).
Semester:This approach considers the year to fall under two semesters (16 weeks in fall, which begins in mid-August or September, and 16 weeks in spring, which begins in January, with a short winter break and a longer summer vacation.
Quarter: Here, the academic year is divided into three quarters, and the start date is usually late-September until mid-June
* Bachelor (Undergraduate): 4 years
* Master (Graduate): 2 years
* MBA: 2 to 3 years
Eligibility for admission:
* Bachelor (Undergraduate): minimum academic requirement is 10+2 with 55% & TOEFL-IBT 61 to 80 IELTS 5.5 to 6.0 bands and SAT.
* Master of Science /Engineering (Graduate); minimum academic requirement is 10+2+4 with 55% TOEFL-IBT 61 to 80 or IELTS 6.0 to 6.5 bands and GRE score 300. (Note: There are some universities the allow 12+3). MBA: minimum academic requirement is 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 & TOEFL-IBT 61 to 80 or IELTS 6.5 band and GMAT score 320 to 600. (Work experience is not mandatory).
Average fee :
* IVY League - Rs.30-35 Lakhs/year
* Top schools-Rs.18-22 Lakhs/year
* Average schools-Rs.12-15 Lakhs/year
* Small-6-8 Lakhs/year
Standaraized tests: GRE | GMAT | SAT | ACT | IELTS TOEFL | PTE
Identifying right institution : Quality | Availability of financial aid | Cost Approach to technology | International Student Services Office Location and Climate | On/Off Campus jobs | Chosen field of study Library, Laboratory, Computer facilities etc | Enrollment Size
Assistantships in the USA
Assistantship is a kind of grant which is a little bit difficult to live with as it requires your time of the day on physical work while you apply your brain in studies. Assistantships is that extra step you take to save up on your expenses abroad. There are different kind of assistantships available at most of the Universities in USA and three of such types are stated below
* Teaching Assistantships (TA)
* Research Assistantships (RA)
* Graduate Assistantships (GA)
Teaching Assistantship (TA) : TA is a sort of Teaching assistant to a professor, Usually every professor has some work to do apart from conducting classes, most of them choose to pick an assistant to teach the classes when they are not present. The duties of the teaching assistants in US Universities generally includes assisting students, checking assignments, helping professor with daily activities and other similar responsibilities. In sonte universities you might get full tuition waiver and that is pure luck. Ese on an average you might get paid? somewhere between $550-$1200 per month depending on your work hours and quality.
Research Assistantship (RA) : Every professor studies and researches about a topic before they actually go to teach it, so Research) Assistantship is basically about helping professor with their research and put down their work load. The grants are provided by the University funds which are in turn sponsored by the government of USA or ather private agencies. You can apply for this post when you apply for your university, but you will only get the job once you finish your first semester. This is a standard procedure that everyone fallows and while selecting your professor you must consider that the professor is specialized in a field of which you have some knowledge. This job might add a sum of total between $500-$1500 monthly by working up to 10 to 20 hours weekly which differs from subject to subject.
Graduate Assistantship (GA): GA are same as RA and so is their process of application, but the only difference in these two are that GA are paid more than that of RA and TA as they are graduated and have more knowledge of the field.
F1 Student Visa
The F-1 Visa is for international students engaging in a full course of academic study in an accredited educational program that has been designated by DHS (Department of Homeland Security). Students must maintain a full course of study; part-time study is only permitted with the approval of the DSO (Designated School Official) in accordance with regulations. F-1 students may participate in employment directly related to field of study by obtaining practical training authorization. There are two types of practical training. Curricular Practical Training: This type of employment is an integral part of an established curriculum and occurs prior to the completion of a degree program. It requires the approval of the DSO in SEVIS and on Form I-20. An EAD is not required. Optional Practical Training: This type of employment occurs during or after the completion of studies. The total period of employment may not exceed 12 months. An additional extension of 24 months is available to STEM graduates working for an e-Verify employer. Required recommendation of DSO and approval by USCIS. EAD required.
Students typically applying for Masters has to have a good score in undergraduation (preferably 65% and above), GRE score (preferably 285 and above) and IELTS of 6 bands overall and above. Students interested in MBA should have GMAT Score (preferably 500 and above) Students typically applying for Undergraduation has to have a good score in +2/Intermediate (preferably 65% and above), SAT (preferably 1200 and above) and IELTS of 6 bands overall
F1 Visa have two options to work in the USA
* Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
* Optional Practical Training (OPT)
However, there are some differences between CPT and OPT, which a student on F1 visa must know before getting started
|When does the work/training takes place||While enrolled as a student||Usually after graduation|
|Who authorizes the training?||Requires ISS approval and Acedemic dept support||Requires USCIS approval|
|Application Process?||Online application to ISS||Paper application to USCIS|
|Do i need to have a job before i apply?||Apply with job offer||Do not need job to apply|
|Processing time?||2-3 weeks processing time||On average, 3-5 months processing time|
|Are there any limitations?||* students can continue to request CPT until the last day of their final quarter
* Part-time CPT : no maximum limit
* Full-time CPT : maximum limit is 364 days
|12 Months full-time plus 24 month STEM extension ( if eligible)|